The dramatic growth of high-bandwidth wireless access points and other IP-enabled devices, such as surveillance cameras and building automation equipment has created a demand for a field installable modular plug that is simple to terminate and meets Cat6A performance requirements. In addition, there has been an increased requirement for field terminable plugs in data centers to enable construction of high-performance custom-length cable assemblies for enhanced cable management.
OCC's Category 6A field terminable plug is designed to support 10 Gigabit networks and can be easily terminated using parallel jaw pliers. Termination is accomplished by simply inserting the conductors into the wire manager, squeezing the wire manager to terminate the conductors and inserting wire manager into the plug housing. All eight conductors are simultaneously terminated when the wire manager is squeezed. This process ensures consistent, reliable terminations.
The Field Terminable Plug meets TIA-568-C.2 Category 6A component performance and may be used in Cat5e/6 and 6A Direct Attach link and channels.
- ANSI/TIA-568-C.2 Category 6A
- IEC 60603-7-41
- Supports IEEE 802.3an 10GBASE-T
- Supports IEEE 802.3at PoE+
- Accommodates 22-24 AWG conductors
- Modular Interface: 750 mating cycles
- 1000 VDC Dielectric Withstand
- Current Rating (50°C): 1A
- 500MΩ Insulation resistance
- Temperature range: -40°C to 70°C
- Temperature range: -40°C to 85°C (shielded version)
- UL 1863
Available in both shielded and unshielded versions, OCC's Field Terminable Plugs are backed by OCC’s 25-year MDIS Direct Attach System Performance Warranty when used as part of an end-to-end OCC copper cabling solution.
- Wireless Access Points
- IP Security Cameras
- IP Access Control
- IP Audio
- Building Automation Devices
- Data Center Direct Attach Cable Assemblies
- Transition Cables
View the video below for installation tips.