Today, most cellular connections occur indoors, where macro network signals struggle to penetrate. Yet, only a tiny fraction of commercial spaces offer a dedicated in-building wireless solution to support those connections. The upcoming evolution to 5G, just a few short years away, will raise the stakes even higher.
For many years, distributed antenna systems (DAS) have filled a critical role in providing coverage to indoor and mixed indoor-outdoor locations. However, they have also traditionally come with complexity and cost thresholds that have limited DAS to large venues like stadiums, airports and the like. On the enterprise level, DAS has remained out of practical reach for many—until now.
CommScope designed ION-E from the ground up for cost-effective enterprise deployment. Built to make DAS a viable option for all kinds of enterprise environments, it takes the flexibility of traditional DAS to the next level with:
- Support for the widest possible range of mobile operator services and flexibility to adopt new ones, through frequency-agnostic universal access point (UAP) design
- A simplified solution design and implementation through all-digital fronthaul infrastructure
- Easy setup and ongoing operations through automated hardware detection and drag-and-drop traffic routing
- Reduced material and installation costs through use of Category 6A (or fiber optic cable, rather than coaxial cable)
- The ability to share cabling infrastructure with other IP applications such as Wi-Fi and security cameras
ION-E is the ideal solution for enterprise in-building wireless. It can be integrated into a single operator’s network or multiple networks, as needed. It is also capable of supporting new frequencies, greatly extending its useful life.