General Cable is pleased to announce the rollout of its Fiber Rapid Fulfillment Program for NextGen® Brand fiber optic cables with Fiber Rapid Fulfillment, stock NextGen Brand fiber optic cable is cut to requested length and shipped the same day. This program allows customers to maintain lower inventories while eliminating waste.
Fiber Rapid Fulfillment guidelines are as follows:
- Only standard stocking items are eligible.
- The program is limited to General Cable’s Lebanon, IN, and Chino, CA, warehouses.
- The customer must request Fiber Rapid Fulfillment and place the order before 10:30 a.m. EST for the Lebanon warehouse and before 10:30 a.m. PST for the Chino warehouse. (Fiber Rapid Fulfillment orders placed after this time will ship next day.)
- A $50 per cut charge will apply to all cuts (versus standard fulfillment policy in which the first three cut charges for fiber optic cable are waived).
- The Fiber Rapid Fulfillment program is independent of General Cable’s freight policy; all requests for expedited shipping will follow the standard process.
- If cut volume exceeds manning capacity, General Cable reserves the right to refuse additional requests for Fiber Rapid Fulfillment for that day.
“General Cable is excited to offer this value-added service to our customers,” said Greg Carnes, Product Manager, Fiber Optic Cables, General Cable. “Providing NextGen Brand fiber optic cables that can be cut to length and shipped the same day takes the hassle out of our customer’s hands. Whether they waited until the last minute, didn’t order the right amount of cable, or just need some extra, General Cable has it covered with over 60 common fiber optic cable designs in stock in multiple, strategic locations.”
General Cable manufactures a wide range of high performance GenSPEED® Brand copper data communications cables and NextGen® Brand fiber optic cables.