Not too long ago we took a look at Hubbell's new AV 110 Everywhere solution, a flexible approach to installing AV systems over UTP cables for extended range and usability. By extending HDMI signals over UTP, installers are able to reduce installation times while end-users have crisp 1080p high definition video quality.
Reduced installation times come from the simplicity of the AV 110 punchdown tool, but also from the ability to use category 5e, 6 or 6A+ UTP cables. Being able to cut a length of cable to size for AV installations as opposed to using expensive AV flying leads or other specialty HDMI cables that have been the norm for so long in AV is a huge advantage. Hubbell has taken a big step towards accomadating data and network convergence over IP with their AV 110 Everywhere solution set.
There is a huge variety among the different audio-visual devices one might find in a project installation, but some of the more common applications include: projectors, smartboards, HDTV's, flatscreens, monitors, consoles, and laptop/computer connectivity, among many more. To get your copy of Hubbell's HDMI istation video extenders brochure, installation notes, and specs, click here, or take a look at some of the features offerred by the Hubbell's iStation HDMI 110 UTP video extenders below:
- Locating a display device up to 147 feet away is as simple as pulling 2 additional UTP cables to a drop
- Terminate with Category 5e, 6 or 6A UTP plenum or non-plenum cable
- Supplied as a kit with a "Source" and "Display" frame/module and a 5-volt DC power supply
- Connector: 19-pin, Type A, female connector, gold plated 2u"
- IDC Contact: phosphor bronze with tin plating over nickel under plating
- Material: high impact thermoplastic
For more information on Hubbell's new AV 110 Everywhere solution, or to learn about how Hubbell's AV solutions could benefit your project, contact your local Accu-Tech representative today!