New Leviton Opt-X® UHDX Enclosure Meets the Demands for Maximum Density and Minimum Patching Congestion
To meet the needs of data center and IT managers, Leviton released its new Opt-X UHDX Fiber Optic Enclosure system. Data centers, equipment rooms and central offices increasingly require an ultra-high-density interconnect or cross-connect solution that minimizes rack space in a frame or cabinet while it maintains network manageability. Operations require:
- Ultra-high-density, up to 144 fibers with LC connectors or 1,728 fibers with MTP connectors in a 1RU enclosure to maximize available rack space
- Easy access to patch cord connections in dense applications without interfering with surrounding fibers
- Accessibility to rear cable pathways and trunks for simple maintenance and reconfiguration
- Clear port identification with ID labels that are easy to apply, remove and update during moves, adds and changes
- A user-friendly design that supports a one-person install and operation
The Opt-X UHDX Enclosure meets all of these requirements and is available in 1RU, 2RU and 4RU sizes. Engineered with individual sliding trays, hinged doors, clear front and back port identification, one-handed operation of trays and cassettes and refined cable management, the UHDX enclosure supports network manageability in ultra-high-density enterprise and data center environments.
“The UHDX is an extension of our popular Opt-X HD fiber optic system, using Leviton HDX cassettes to provide the highest fiber density for data center patching,” said Tony Yuen, Leviton Sr. Product Manager, Fiber Systems. “Additionally, when combined with Berk-Tek Micro Data Center Plenum (MDP) fiber trunks, which use the industry’s smallest outside diameter cable, this ultra-high-density system lets you optimize space while easing management of cable assemblies.”
The UHDX components – enclosures, cassettes, cords, trunking, cable management and accessories – are engineered to work together for a consistent solution in all areas of the network. It allows IT managers to maximize rack space, minimize cable pathways and deploy networks faster with the flexibility of a system that can grow or scale to meet emerging business needs.
For more information about Leviton Opt-X UHDX Enclosures, click here or contact your local Accu-Tech representative.