Data centers have become the epicenters of the digital world, and they continue to grow in
speed, complexity and importance. Third-party, multi-tenant data center operators (DCO) have an obligation to their customers to provide continuous access to their data via network connections. That obligation requires testing and reporting to manage SLAs and to instill confidence in customers and prospective customers.
In that multi-tenant data center, (co-location model), there are thousands of potential points of attachment for test instruments. The following is a short list of the some of the key test use cases for data center operators:
- Data Center to Data Center Interconnect
- Customer to Data Center Connection
- Testing and Troubleshooting Physical Cabling Infrastructure
- Active Optical Cable/Direct Attach Copper Test
- Optics Self-Test
- Intra Data Center Bit Error Rate Testing
- Fiber Monitoring
To learn more about these use cases and about testing in the data center environment, check out VIAVI's guide here.