New Green Initiative symbol recognizes General Cable's role and responsibility in promoting sustainability. The symbol also reflects our commitment to achieving industry-leading standards and responding proactively to environmental global issues.
Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) Policy:
General Cable is committed to producing and marketing products in an environmentally sound and responsible manner. We will manage our facilities, processes and materials in a way that meets or exceeds regulatory requirements and that minimizes risk to our associates, the public and communities where we operate.
We will work to continually strengthen our Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) performance by:
• Defining and developing a company culture where a concern for the environment, health and safety are established through example, involvement, recognition and training;
• Measuring EH&S performances against effective management systems, regulatory requirements and established annual goals and objectives;
• Analyzing the EH&S aspects of all new processes, materials and equipment;
• Improving our management systems in order to respond promptly to the findings of regularly scheduled internal and third-party EH&S audits;
• Controlling and reducing environmental impact through material selection and use, implementation of best management practices, process improvements and recycling.
NEW 17 FREE Halogen-free Riser Cables
GenSPEED® 5000 with 17 FREE™ Category 5e Cable
GenSPEED® 6 with 17 FREE™ Category 6 Cable
GenSPEED® Brand's new line of 17 FREE™ UL-Rated Category 6 and 5e riser cables will be offered at competitive pricing and feature substantiated green properties, and may qualify for LEED credits under the U.S. Green Building Council's new LEED Pilot Credit 2 program.
With the removal of halogens, which fall into Group 17 of the Periodic Table, this revolutionary 17 FREE line of GenSPEED Riser cables does not contain any chlorine, fluorine, bromine or iodine, reducing the overall toxicity of the cable and truly resulting in a more environmentally-friendly “green” product.
Green Data Center Brochure
Leviton Network Solutions
- Leviton GreenPack™ is a contractor-friendly packaging that features recyclable packaging that reduces jobsite and landfill waste
- Leviton Network Solution packaging uses a minimum of 30% post-consumer recycled cardboard
- Leviton’s popular C1 Ultra Composite Patch Panels are 100% recyclable
- Leviton switched, metered and 3-phase rack PDUs improve efficiency in power-hungry data centers and telecom rooms
- All Leviton category-rated products are RoHS-compliant
- Leviton Network Solutions Recently retrofitted all lighting fixtures, saving 270,000 KWH annually (equivalent to removing 36 cars off the road, or powering 40 homes for a year)
- Leviton Network Solutions newly installed manufacturing equipment saves 150,000 KWH per year
- Leviton recycles scrap metals
- Leviton recycles leftover plastics into new parts
- Leviton’s staff actively recycles paper, plastics, aluminum, glass, toner and ink cartridges Company Wide
- In 2010 Leviton has embarked on a “Go Green” initiative to reduce our environmental impact on the entire organization worldwide
- Leviton retains membership in the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC, creator of LEED standard)
- Leviton is a member of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) to guide our green efforts
We're Not Going Green. We Already Are.
Helping Our Customers Go Green: Siemon's own sustainability initiatives are only half the story.
- High performance path to greener infrastructures - The longer the physical infrastructure lasts, the greener it gets. Siemon's comprehensive line of 10Gb/s + twisted-pair copper and optical fiber cabling systems maximize your infrastructure's lifecycle, reducing the frequency of wasteful removal and replacement of lesser-performing systems.
- Green Product = Safe Products - Siemon's advanced manufacturing practices test and monitor product material safety at every phase, from raw materials to finished goods. We make certain every product we ship is safe for our customers and safe for the environment.
- Strong Green Expertise, Sound Green Guidance - Siemon's team of experts can help reduce your network infrastructure's environmental impact through technology, design strategies and recommendations for: future-proof instrastructures, resource management/maximization, power consumption efficiancy, and cabling abatement/recycling.
When you use Tripp Lite products, you protect more than just your vital electrical equipment and sensitive electronics—you also protect the environment. Tripp Lite believes in environmental responsibility. That’s why we’ve enacted a variety of green initiatives, including a commitment to industry leadership in RoHS compliance.
Tripp Lite’s SmartOnline™ UPS Systems
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency defines sustainability as "meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of the future generations to meet their own needs." In 2010, Hubbell announced HSI – the Hubbell Sustainability Initiative – which is an enterprise-wide commitment to develop sustainable products and business practices.
The HSI mission is to:
Achieve an ongoing culture of environmental responsibility with our employees, community, and industry implementing educational programs and sustainable practices.
In 2008, HCM released its ECO™ Category 6 cable. Using knowledge gained while developing its Supra 10G™ Category 6A cable, HCM was able to engineer a Category 6 cable that would significantly exceed the TIA/EIA- 568-B.2 performance requirements, yet did not contain the internal pair separator, or filler, typical of Category 6 4-pair cables. Removal of the internal filler resulted in a number of environmentally beneficial characteristics. Although some of the environmental benefits were predicted, some were mere by-products of the change.
Ortronics Eco Infrastructure
Even our Red, Yellow and Blue Cables are “Green”
Reduced power consumption
- Employ reduced diameter cabling
Re-use modular cabling and connectivity
- Mini RJ 21 or Ultra Slim MRJ 21Assemblies
- AMPINNERGY Power Assemblies
- MPO Fiber Optic Assemblies
- Increase cooling efficiency
- Reduced floor footprints by bundled cabling solutions
RoHS and WEEE compliant
Going Green with AMP NETCONNECT Products
PANDUIT is committed to being a good corporate neighbor by engaging in global long-term sustainability initiatives that protect, replenish, and restore the communities in which we live and operate. As a global manufacturer, our mission is to design facilities and products for the present generation without compromising the ability of the future generations tomeet their needs.
PANDUIT ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
As a global manufacturer, Panduit’s commitment to corporate citizenship extends to being a good steward to the environment. Our goals are to provide customers with superior, high-performance electrical and networking solutions while following responsible environmental practices around the globe. Environmental performance of Panduit products is designed to meet or exceed industry norms and accepted customer specific requirement(s).
Panduit is committed to the prevention of pollution through;
- compliance with applicable legal requirements and
- continual improvement of our environmental performance.
This policy will be implemented through an Environmental Management System that includes planning, training, implementation, measurement, reporting and review.
The PANDUIT Net-Access™ Cabinet promotes passive cooling
Panduit Process Initiatives
At Corning Cable Systems, we proudly recognize our responsibility as a global citizen. We continually leverage our financial and human resources to engage in meaningful acts that support community development and improve the quality of life for everyone in the communities we call home.
Our mission is to support "green" initiatives through every aspect of our business, including our product offerings, manufacturing processes, packaging initiatives and industry leadership, and to help our customers achieve the same. Optical fiber solutions, such as Corning Cable Systems’ LANscape® Solutions for premises networks and Evolant® Solutions for carrier networks, are inherently environmentally friendly, requiring less energy for powering and cooling than copper systems.
However, our commitment to the environment goes beyond products. For example, Corning Cable Systems employ a variety of packaging and manufacturing process initiatives with the vision of a healthier environment for future generations. We also educate customers on the relationship between structured cabling systems and the LEED® certification program.
10G Electronics and Cooling Power Calculator
CO2 Emissions Calculator
Corning Helps Data Centers Go Green with Fiber
In order to meet global environmental product requirements Belden has developed a restricted materials specification to encompass all raw materials, parts, components or products that are ultimately incorporated into Belden® product.
This includes the elimination, or an appropriate reduction, in the following materials:
- Antimony and its compounds
- Asbestos and its compounds
- Beryllium and its compounds
- Cadmium and its compounds
- Ethylene Glycol Ethers
- Lead and its compounds
- Mercury and its compounds
- Organophosphate compounds
- Polybrominated biphenyls (PBBs) and their ethers/oxides (PBDEs, PBBEs)
- Di-(2-ethylhexly)phthalate (DEHP)
- Penta-, Octa- and Deca- BDE Brominated flame retardants
- Tin (organic compounds)
Going Green with Physical Layer Components
Greening the Data Center
Sustainability for the Future.
Working towards sustainable buildings
Responsible Manufacturing and Business Processes
At CommScope, we embrace our role as stewards of the environment and value the well-being of our employees, customers, suppliers, and communities. We strive, in all aspects of business, to minimize our environmental impact by developing products, services, and practices that are safe and sustainable.
2011 CommScope Environmental Sustainability Brochure
Environment, Health & Safety Vision and Policy Statement
Green House Gas Reporting
CPI Passive Cooling Solutions also allow you to:
CPI Passive Cooling® Solutions
- Deploy the latest servers, switches and blade servers from HP, IBM, Dell, Cisco, Juniper and Brocade
- More effectively leverage heat exchange and economizer technologies to potentially realize up to 90% reduction in data center cooling costs and 40% on total data center energy costs
- Increase equipment density by 50% or more
- Design for future growth without pre-installation of unneeded power and cooling equipment