Berk-Tek Webinar: Pushing LAN Distance & Performance Boundaries
The presentation will cover:
- What is pushing devices beyond the standard 100m Ethernet distances
- Options to address these needs
- Infrastructure recommendations for extended distances
- Stretching the network backbone
- Implications of extended distances at higher speeds, including 40G
- Cost implications of various solution options
- Presentation of DCCC Link Loss research and modeling
- Launch of Link Loss Calculator
- Product benefits of LANmark-2000, OneReach & GIGAlite-10XB
Webinar: 40G Infrastructure Secrets
Who: Mike Connaughton, Manager, Data center Market
What - 40G Infrastructure Secrets Webcast
The presentation will cover:
· Market trends leading to the need for 40G
· Impact of 40G on Data Center Architectures, including Top of Rack and End of Row run distances
· Infrastructure options to address needed speeds
· Cost implications of these options
· IEEE Power budget requirements for 40G
· Presentation of DCCC Link Loss research and modeling
· Launch of Link Loss Calculator
· Option for greatest flexibility & performance (GIGAlite-10XB)
· Option to maximize rack &pathway space (MDP)
Webinar: The Need for EXTREME Wireless Speed
With wireless traffic doubling on an annual basis, BYOD becoming more accepted, and the acceleration in application growth and bandwidth consumption, the demand and benefits for faster wireless networking technology is quickly becoming realized.
The Berk-Tek Webinar: The Need for Extreme Wireless Speed will explain the applications driving the rapidly growing need for higher speed Wireless LANs and more. Plus, we’ll discuss all that you’ll need to do to prepare for the evolution of wireless LANs. Details to be discussed include:
- Impact of the “Internet of Things” on Wireless LAN networks
- New wireless applications in medicine, enterprise, education, and manufacturing
- Wireless standards evolution
- Deploying the wired network to manage the support of wireless using
- Traditional topology and deployment
- Direct Attach: AP versus typical cell deployment
- Link Aggregation: Increasing capacity to manage the flood
Webinar: Achieving Maximum Performance for Voice, Data & Power in the Real World
As more devices and applications join the IP world, dBs alone are no longer the best measure of network performance.
Network performance metrics must now use application-specific tests and measures to ensure that ALL the services being provided are well delivered.
The Berk-Tek Webinar: Achieving Maximum Performance for Voice, Data & Power in the Real World will explain what these measures are and why they are significant for your network. Details to be discussed include:
Berk-Tek offers over 100 different optical fiber, twisted pair copper and hybrid network cable products with guaranteed above-standards’ performance, independent verification, with state-of-the-art engineering. Copper products range from standard Category 5e to Category 6A and optical cable with up to OM4+ fiber technology to exceed all speeds and bandwidths – from 1 to 100 Gig.
A New Measure of Value: Expected Performance
At Berk-Tek, guaranteed means guaranteed 100% of the time. Every product Berk-Tek makes is designed to surpass their own guarantees. By combining their leading designs with outstanding manufacturing processes, the result is unmatched performance, quality and reliability. Read about their “Expected Performance” values for their copper products, based on Quality Assurance data to learn more.
Berk-Tek is constantly innovating new products based on customer feedback. Whether it is a unique product or packaging, Berk-Tek listens to their customers. Some of their newest innovations include:
- smartPAK 1500-ft. copper cable boxes that save time, money and space and reduces scrap on the jobsite.
- Interlocking TekLok boxes for 1,000 feet of coppe aid installers on the jobsite by allowing more pulls at one time, while reducing labor through the stabilizing tabs.
- OneReach copper and fiber PoE extender system for providing power and data to devices beyond 100 meters (up to 4,000 feet)
The OASIS warranty program offers a 15-year guarantee with OASIS partners.
For more information on Berk-Tek resources:
- See All Resources
- View All Berk-Tek Programs
- Berk-Tek Copper Cable Part Number Reference
- Data Communications Competence Center Resource
Increasing Customer Value through Berk-Tek Leviton Technologies Solutions
Berk-Tek and Leviton recently announced their strategic alliance, Berk-Tek Leviton Technologies. The combined strength of Leviton’s extensive connectivity portfolio with the leading performance of Berk-Tek’s cables creates the industry’s premier copper and fiber solutions that provide customers with a best-of-breed options for reliable and high-performance networks. Together, Berk-Tek and Leviton deliver the highest performance, pre-terminated copper and optical fiber solutions for data centers, capitalizing on both firms’ well-known capabilities. The Berk-Tek Leviton Technologies (BLT) alliance extends beyond marketing to include product development and manufacturing as well as joint sales and support and a limited lifetime warranty.
For more information on Berk-Tek Leviton Technologies: