Corning Products and Solutions
Corning offers a broad range of end-to-end fiber optic and copper product solutions for customers' telecommunications networks. Our customer-focused solutions include cables, connectors, and related hardware, and network services that include network design, project management, installation and maintenance, equipment rental and training programs.
What's New: EDGE8™ Solutions Make the Future Accessible
Corning's EDGE™ solutions were the industry’s first preterminated optical cabling systems specifically designed for the data center environment, and the value that EDGE provides to the industry continues to be proven. Density, network uptime, speed, simplicity and a clear migration path to meet future requirements … EDGE addresses it all. However, technology roadmaps clearly indicate that transmission speeds ranging from 4G to 400G will be based on either 2- or 8-fiber connectivity solutions.
That’s the motivation behind EDGE8™ solutions. All the value of our original EDGE solutions, with the added superior network scalability, improved link performance and 100 percent fiber utilization of a base-8 design.
EDGE8 solutions strengthen your data center in three key areas:
- Increased asset utilization, with reduced jumper complexity and the elimination of stranded cabling assets
- Technology adoption due to 100 percent fiber utilization without the need for conversion modules, which leads to cost and loss savings
- Risk avoidance, providing a simple path to 40G, 100G and even 400G.
Do you have questions about your data center or base-8 technology? Not sure if EDGE8 is right for you? Let us help you make sure your data center is ready for the future. Click here to learn more.
What's New: LANscape Solutions Bill-of-Materials Tool Update
Our BOM Tool makes building a LAN or data center bill-of-material as easy as point and click! Our latest version of the tool has enhanced functionality and product selection.
Click here to register
Your data center is a mission critical component in your network. Responsible for managing, storing and protecting the network’s core operational data and running many of the applications essential to its success, 24x7 data center connectivity is not simply a nicety, it is a necessity.Corning fiber optic solutions for data centers and SANs ensure your data center is ready for your needs today, as well as tomorrow.
Corning's fiber optic Plug & Play™ Universal System components provide the ultimate in scalability, functionality and reliability, while our Pretium EDGE® Solutions offer faster installation times and MACs, as well as 100 percent more density than traditional preterminated systems.
5 Things You Should Know About Fiber Optics in the Data Center
- No other media can provide more bandwidth for your high-performance networks.
- Optical fiber is immune to EMI/RFI and alien cross-talk issues.
- Optical fiber will seamlessly migrate to 10, 40 and 100G Ethernet, providing a future-proofed data center infrastructure.
- Server and switch electronics that use optics require less power to operate than comparable copper products, improving the environmental impact of your data center.
- Optical cable and hardware can offer dramatic space savings, important when data center real estate is at a premium.