Bring the wireless indoors...
To make wireless work indoors, you need an in-building wireless system that uses equipment to distribute wireless signals throughout a facility.
- Step 1 - A source, such as an outdoor Cell Tower, a BTS, FemtoCell or Bi-Directional Amplifier, provides the wireless signal to the building through an antenna or a wired landline connection.
- Step 2 - Equipment receives and conditions the signal for distribution throughout the building.
- Step 3 - The wireless signal is transported via cabling throughout the building to a network of discrete antennas.
- Step 4 - The antennas receive and radiate coverage for use by the end user.
The MobileAccess portfolio of in-building wireless solutions enables any organization to establish seamless cellular and complete wireless coverage within their building. MobileAccess solutions consist of three product lines, designed to address your facility's needs with single or multiple wireless operator capabilities.
Whether you have a large or smaller building, a campus environment, or single facility, there is a MobileAccess solution that fits your needs:
You need your wireless devices and services to work...anywhere. But when it comes to reliable coverage indoors, your building works against you, absorbing radio signals as they pass through. So how do you make your laptop, cell phone, and other applications work inside?
- Does the network contain/use an element or network management system?
Yes, users can identify, sectionalize and resolve problems in real time through the use of our-web based network management system.
- How are services and operators added in the future?
Adding services and operators is as easy as plugging in a 1k/2k service module or VE Access Pod, in both cases no costly cable runs are required.
- Does your WLAN implementation affect location based services (RTLS) ?
The MobileAccess solution architecture is ‘transparent' to the WLAN network of Access Points and fully supports RTLS capabilities.
- What type of building infrastructure is needed to support an in-building coverage system?
The MobileAccess solution supports a broad range of alternatives that optimally fit all different environments; the 1000/2000 is based on a hybrid fiber/COAX architecture while VE supports CAT-5e/6. Please see our ‘What's right for me?' section for more information on how our solutions can fit your needs.
- Do I need to coordinate with my Wireless Service Provider?
Yes. The MobileAccess services department as well as our certifed partners will gladly assist you in coordinating with your service provider.
- What is "Multi-Service, Multi-Operator" support?
The MobileAccess solution supports "Multiple Services", referring to the system's ability to combine cellular and any other wirless service on a single in-building platform. Other services can include Wi-Fi, Public Safety, WMTS Telemetry and 900MHz networks.
What we mean by "Multiple Operator Support" is our ability to physically and logically separate operator services on a single in building system, ensuring that you can have any mix of operators on the system without any issue.
- How does your solution support Wi-Fi services?
The MobileAccess solution seamlessly integrates WLAN and cellular services over one network infrastructure, eliminating the need to install and maintain parallel networks.
- Is an in-building coverage solution similar to a Distributed Antenna System (DAS)?
You have probably heard the term DAS (Distributed Antenna System), and while the MobileAccess solution is similar, it provides additionally benefits including:
- Reduced cost with an architecture that optimally fits all environments
- Comprehensive and reliable wireless coverage anywhere throughout a building or campus
- Managed quality of service
- Integrated Wi-Fi support
- Active monitoring and management through the friendly interface of the MobileAccess EMS
- Applications support for services like WMTS Telemetry and Building Automation
- Future-ready architecture
- What is the approximate cost of an in-building coverage system?
Many factors contribute to the cost of an in-building system. Complete the form to the right or contact an Accu-Tech specialist.
- How can I justify the cost of an in-building coverage solution?
The mobile workforce is growing. The benefits of wireless connectivity provide a tangible return on investment, with benefits including:
- Reduced operational and capital costs through improved efficiency
- Increased revenue through applications support
- Decrease in your insurance premiums for your building
- An increase in the overall guest/patient/worker experience
- And more...
See the ‘Business Case for Wireless' section for more details.
- How does an in-building Wireless network work?
A system like the MobileAccess solution brings the wireless signals from the outside indoors and then distributes them through a series of discreet antennas located throughout the facility. The signals are transported on a broadband hybrid fiber/optic infrastructure ensuring seamless, reliable coverage where and when you need it. Check out the "MobileAccess Technology" section for more detailed information.
- Why do I need an in-building wireless coverage solution?
Enterprises, hospitals, universities and colleges, hotels, manufacturers and, more importantly, their workforce and customer base, rely on their wireless devices to save time, money and lives. Not having reliable wireless coverage indoors is no longer an option to ensure clear communication any time and anywhere.