“Right the First Time” termination
OptiCam® 2 Termination Tool
The NEW OptiCam 2 Termination Tool is designed to offer 100% “Right the First Time” termination of OptiCam connectors. The tool immediately calculates insertion loss value on completion of the camming process. The red and green light indicators provide additional visual confirmation of termination. By using the new OptiCam 2 tool, installer productivity increases and time spent on the job site is reduced. Project re-work time will be decreased; thereby helping contractors to improve overall profitability.
The NEW OptiCam 2 Termination Tool offers a step by step visual guidance and insertion loss calculation to ensure the field fiber and fiber stub are in proper alignment before camming. This allows even the less experienced technicians to terminate fiber with confidence. A simple, ergonomic and symmetrical design allows for left or right-handed termination in both handheld and benchtop orientations.
The NEW OptiCam 2 tool is the most technologically advanced, feature rich option for field terminated connectors in enterprise applications.
• LCD Display ‐ The LCD display guides the user through the termination process with simple step‐by‐step prompts and on-screen visuals and ensures the field fiber and fiber stub are in proper alignment before camming
• Calculated insertion loss ‐ Gives insertion loss to the installer and allows technicians to terminate fiber with confidence; concrete value vs. pass/fail. Reduces “return trips”. Allows less experienced installers to be confident in effectiveness of each termination
• Mobile APP/Bluetooth Connectivity ‐ Mobile friendly, information is easily entered (port#, customer names, their name, insertion value, notes). Export information to project management record keeping software
• Ergonomic design ‐ Combined with self‐aligning reversible connector cradles allows for left or right‐handed termination
• Pivoting arm ‐ Simplifies connector loading and removal
• Applications ‐ The Opticam® 2 tool can be used in data center environments, the intermediate distribution frame (IDF) of a central office or the main distribution frame (MDF)
Interested in learning more? Contact us using the form at the right!