With many people making the transition to working from home for the first time, a lot of us are finding that the technology we currently have in our living rooms, dining rooms and home offices isn't quite ready for work. And the WFH pros might need an upgrade too, what with the demands on WiFi caused by everyone using their networks throughout the day.
To ease the challenge of this transition, we've put together a list of some of our favorite technologies for working from home. From cables and webcams to cable management and power protection, these technologies can help you as you continue your work away from the office.
- Patch Cords & Cables
- It's important to make sure you have the right cables to connect your laptop to your router for Ethernet access or a webcam or speaker to your laptop to facilitate better conference calls.
- Check out Legrand AV's WFH essentials, including the cables, docks and more that can make working from home easier.
- Video & Webcams
- If you can't see your coworkers in person due to social distancing, video conferencing is the next best thing! Webcams make it easy.
- Vaddio (Legrand AV) and Epiphan both offer webcam, video capture and streaming solutions.
- LG offers monitors to help you see everything you need to keep the work going.
- Working hands-free helps your productivity increase throughout your day. Take calls and take notes without having to hold your phone in your hand or put confidential calls on speakerphone.
- Check out Plantronics headsets - tons of options to fit every person's work style.
- Protect your devices with surge protectors and more, so even if you lose power, you won't risk a surge of electricity to your laptop(s) and phone.
- Tripp Lite's surge protectors are available in different configurations to meet your power needs.
- Cable Management
- Now that you have all these cables on your desk (or dining table!), you need a solution to organize them.
- VELCRO Brand's products offer unique ways to manage your cables. Learn more with this recent blog post.
- Now's the time to take advantage of some online training opportunities. We've compiled many of the webinars and classes currently available on our Training and Events page.
All of these technologies support working from home for both the newbies and the pros. Ready to upgrade your WFH setup? Contact your local Accu-Tech representative.