As demands for immediate access and application availability increase, data center and IT environments are becoming more critical, hybrid and distributed. Management has become increasingly complex as operators must now support a multitude of deployment sites, from on-premises and cloud, to colocation and edge applications. Managing and operating these vast and complex environments holistically are driving a need to provide a solution that delivers visibility across and within a customer’s entire IT ecosystem – for benchmarking, trend analysis, intelligent maintenance and more, all while reducing risks and increasing efficiency.
When you couple the growing complexity and diversity of critical data center environments with reduced budget and less staff, it is a recipe for trouble. The first step in overcoming this challenge is through adopting a cloud-based data center management strategy. At Schneider Electric's Hong Kong Innovation Summit this week, Schneider Electric launched EcoStruxure IT.
EcoStruxure IT is the first Data Center Management as a Service architecture in the market, delivering a cloud-based architecture purpose-built for hybrid IT and data center environments. The vendor-agnostic architecture delivers a new standard for proactive insights on critical assets that impact the health and availability of an IT environment with the ability to deliver actionable real-time recommendations to optimize infrastructure performance and mitigate risk. It is designed to deliver visibility and insights on an open platform that allows for all devices and sites to be managed at anytime from anywhere.
Key benefits include:
- Global visibility across the hybrid ecosystem – from anywhere – with one tap access right from a smartphone
- Device information, smart alarms and monitoring through open system collecting data from all devices regardless of vendor
- Foresight into potential risks by leveraging global benchmarks and analytics in the EcoStruxure data lake
- Ease of deployment through a convenient subscription model for any size environment
- 24/7 remote monitoring with the Schneider Electric Service Bureau. In the event of an incident, the Service Bureau helps troubleshoot and ultimately reduces mean time to repair