Upgradeable PDUs from Geist, a division of Vertiv, give you the flexibility you need to install the intelligence you require today and the important option to upgrade technology as your needs evolve. From basic power needs to sophisticated power monitoring with remote sensors, the Geist Upgradeable product line adapts to your business now and in the future.
The features of this line include:
- Hot-Swappable Intelligence. Add, remove or switch Interchangeable Monitoring Devices (IMD) without interrupting power to critical servers.
- Fault-Tolerant Daisy Chaining. Simplifies intelligent PDU connectivity and ensures data is reported, even with a break in the chain.
- 1% Billing Grade Accuracy. This allows you and your data center managers to accurately reconcile power usage.
The Path to Upgrading
There are many ways you can upgrade the Geist PDUs. You can start at the top, or you can start at the most basic level - whichever fits your needs today. Then, when you are ready, you can upgrade to ensure your future needs are covered. Simply choose the functionality that suits your requirements today, and even if that is at Geist's current most sophisticated level, their future solutions approach will allow you to upgrade at a future date.
- Basic. Should your facility not yet be ready for any power monitoring, but it is something you are thinking about for the future, then you can start with the basic upgradeable unit. No IMD is included with the device, but the technology is included within the power strip.
- Metered. Metered PDUs offer local power monitoring and support VLC technology using the Geist Mobile App.
- Power Monitoring. A PDU that offers power monitoring: the perfect first step towards PDU increased functionality.
- Power Monitoring + Remote Sensing. The latest IMD allows remote power monitoring and also enables you to connect up to four remote sensors - ideal for installations requiring environmental monitoring.
Want to learn more about power solutions from Geist, a division of Vertiv? Click here.