Over the past decade, Ethernet data rates have escalated to support transmission of increasing volumes of data with larger file sizes associated with cloud computing, virtualization, streaming video and other digital media content. The increase in data rates impacts how networks and cabling infrastructure are designed and deployed. Supporting today’s bandwidth intensive applications has resulted in strong growth 10GBASE-T deployments. As a result, 10GBASE-T is expanding in the enterprise as well as data center applications.
Major Trends Driving 10GbE Demand:
- Exponential growth in data volume
- Internet traffic growth at over 30% CAGR
- More powerful data centers in support of online traffic
- Tremendous wireless data growth driven by mobile devices
- Advances in storage area networks
- Consolidation and clustering
- Server virtualization
- Increasing application speeds
- Digital media content
For information about ways to overcome industry challenges, download the Hubbell guide below:
For more information about Hubbell, contact your local Accu-Tech representative today.