ADSL, or an Asymettrical Digital Subscriber Line, is a data communications technology that enables faster data transmission over copper lines.
Why the Sidekick Plus?
The Sidekick® Plus test set facilitates the technician’s work in the field. By combining the functions of a voltohmmeter, longitudinal balance tester, and open meter with five transmission and noise tests, this tool reduces repeat reports and improves quality of service.
Save time. Easy-to-use mode selection dial saves time on the job.
It's versatile. From tone generation to fault location, the Sidekick® Plus does it all.
It's fully loaded. The Sidekick® Plus ADSL / VDSL comes complete with all you need to perform service tests on DSL networks.
The featured Kit Includes:
• Sidekick® ADSL Far-End Device Unit
• RJ45 to Telco clip leads
• Canvas carry case
FEATURES of the SIDEKICK PLUS ADSL FED
• K-Test – Far-End-Device straps the pair under test
• TDR – Far-End-Device can alternately short and open the pair to verify the end-of-line
• Noise – Far-End-Device provides a line termination
• Loss – Far-End-Device provides single or multiple reference tones
• Longitudinal Balance – Far-End-Device provides an IEEE 455-1985 Longitudinal Balanced Termination
• Autotest – The Sidekick Plus manages the operation of the Far-End-Device during the test sequence.
• Short Pair – Verifies loop length
• Short Pair to Ground – Determines pair resistive balance
• Remote activation via Sidekick® Plus
• Ability to connect and disconnect Central Office and Customer Premise equipment
• Supports Second Pair Testing
• Generates tones for pair ID and pair tracing
• Capability to generate tones over a range of frequencies from POTS to ADSL