As Wi-Fi technology evolves to become cheaper, more reliable, and more secure, we’ve noticed that many of our customers are using Wi-Fi to power their networks. RLE Technologies has noticed this emerging trend as well and has developed the WIFI-TH, a wireless temperature and humidity sensor that leverages an existing Wi-Fi network to communicate with a building management system.
RLE’s NEW WIFI-TH is both wireless and battery powered. No wires are required for power; no wires are required for transmission. The sensors can be mounted anywhere, anytime, without the added expenses of running cabling or hiring an electrician. RLE’s Wi-Fi sensors are compact, unobtrusive, and provide an industry leading battery life – sensor batteries will last up to 7 years at room temperatures.
The signal from a WIFI-TH sensor can be pulled into a wide range of monitoring devices, so whether you’re using RLE’s WiNG-MGR or a BMS, the WIFI-TH can quickly integrate into your platform:
- WIFI-TH readings populate seamlessly into the WiNG-MGR’s user interface, which also provides an optional calculated dew point reading.
- If you’re using a BMS, the WIFI-TH transmits temperature and humidity information to your BMS via the existing Wi-Fi network.
While IT departments may be hesitant to add wireless devices, it will ease their mind to know that these sensors were designed with security in mind:
- The sensors only allow one-way communications, so there is no risk they could be hacked remotely.
- RLE’s Wi-Fi sensors fully support industry standard WPA/WPA2‑PSK encryption.
- The WIFI-TH features encrypted data storage for network and configuration information.
Facilities worldwide are using data provided by RLE’s WIFI-TH to monitor for changes in temperature and humidity, meet efficiency goals, maintain optimal equipment performance parameters, and anticipate equipment failures and prevent downtime.