AFL expanded its FlexScan family of pocket-sized OTDRs adding two PON OTDR models. The FS200-304 PON OTDR offers 1310, 1550 and 1650 nm OTDR testing to verify and troubleshoot both in-service and out-of-service FTTH PONs. The FS200-300 FlexScan supports 1310 and 1550 nm out-of-service testing for both PON and point-to-point networks.
All FlexScan OTDRs include AFL’s SmartAuto™ multi-pulse acquisition, enabling users to detect closely spaced events before a PON splitter while still testing effectively through the splitter. FlexScan OTDRs also display test results in both AFL’s icon-based LinkMap® view and OTDR trace view, allowing users to quickly and easily locate faults and identify necessary corrective action. With up to 37 dB dynamic range, both models verify PONs with split ratios up to 1:64.
FlexScan PON OTDRs include 4.3-inch indoor/outdoor touchscreen display, Bluetooth/WiFi wireless interfaces and an integrated Visual Fault Locator (VFL). The integrated Optical Light Source (OLS) and Optical Power Meter are optional.
- Fast, accurate SmartAuto OTDR network characterization or fault location
- Easy to understand LinkMap results with pass/fail indications
- 1310/1550/1650 nm PON OTDR for live PON troubleshooting
- 1550 only or 1310/1550 PON or point-to-point OTDR
- Rugged & pocket-sized; < 1 lb (0.4 kg)
- Large, bright indoor/outdoor touchscreen
- Integrated VFL, plus Wave ID source and power meter
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and USB communications