FiberFox, manufacturer of rugged and durable fusion splicers, now offers the Mini Universal Fiber Prep Kit. This kit includes high quality tools to strip, clean and cleave 250um and 900um fiber, all in a waterproof (IP67) hard case.
The Mini Universal Fiber Prep Kit includes:
- Hand Held Thermal Stripper for single fiber and ribbon cable up to 12 fibers with fast heating time of 4 seconds. AC adapter included.
- Precision cleaver with Auto-Scrap bin. 16 position blade for 48,000 cleaves. Accepts universal holder and fiber holders.
- Removable Fiber Holder for stripping and cleaving 900um single fiber.
- Removable Fiber Holder for stripping and cleaving 250um single fiber.
- VFL with 650nm visible laser diode at 5mw power. Operates in continuous or pulse mode. Fits 2.5mm connector (SC) with 1.25mm adapter (LC).
- Splice protection sleeves with tapered ends and support bar to protect splice. Pack includes 100 splice sleeves.
- Mini 2.5 CLICK to remove dust and oil adhering to the ferrule end face of 2.5mm SC connectors. Made of superfine fiber for high cleaning effect. Over 750+ engagements per unit.
- The Kevlar™ cutter, F1-KS1 (serrated), features serrated blades and high leverage cutting, utilizing long, cushioned Miller F1-KS1 handles.
- Three hole model mini stripper to perform all common fiber stripping functions. Strips 2-3mm jacket, 900um tight buffer and 250um coating.
- Microcare 3 ounce optical-grade cleaning fluid - used with wipes or cleaning sticks for wet/dry cleaning without chemical residue.
- Philips screwdriver.
- Utility knife with retractable blade, designed to cut most materials. Made with steel for strength and includes three blades.
- 90 optical grade wipes; lint free tissue is ideal for fiber and connector end face cleaning. Use with alcohol.
All of the above come in a waterproof and dustproof mini hard case. This case is crush and impact resistant, with lightweight design. Exterior dimensions are 13" x 12" x 6".