IQinVision just released new Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) models which provide clear, useful video in environments where both very bright and very dark areas are simultaneously present in the field-of-view of the camera. IQinVision recommends the use of the WDR cameras in the following scenarios:
- Instances where the subject is positioned against strong back lighting such as a heavily windowed retail storefront or office
- Areas with rapid changes in illumination like entryway/exit points
- Where the lighting condition in the field-of-view looks from a well-lit area into a darker area
- City surveillance and transportation centers such as parking garage, tunnels or train stations where people and vehicles enter and exit (commonly with bright daylight outside and low levels of light inside).
- Scenarios such as toll stops and gas stations where vehicles with bright headlights are driving directly towards the camera.
- Environments with intense light reflection such as in office buildings, shopping malls or areas with water features.
Can you think of any additional scenarios where the WDR cameras might be beneficial to use?