Wire and cable labels come in so many sizes, shapes, colors and materials...so how do you make your choice? Well, it really comes down to the jobsite, environment, equipment, voltages and application. You need to make sure the labels you choose are right for those applications, but you do still have some flexibility!
There are a few especially common label types, and all of these come in a variety of sizes and colors. Let's take a look at these labels and see what features each can give you:
- Vinyl or Nylon "WRAP" - repeating data wrapped around the wire
- "Self-Laminating" wraps - from sheet fed or cartridge/tape stock
- Polyester, Nylon, Vinyl or even Self-Laminating "FLAGs"
- Printable Heat Shrink Tubes - made with continuous tubing
- Pre-Sized (Die Cut) Heat Shrink Tubes
- Embossed Metal Tags - aluminum or stainless steel. These are great for buried cable, weather-exposed and egregious environments where adhesive labels would not adhere to the area to be labeled.
All of these labels (and more!) can be designed and created using a variety of tools found in DYMO's product line. Click here to learn more.
Click here to learn more about DYMO.
Click here to contact your local Accu-Tech representative.