The growth and increasing demand of high-speed wireless internet and data network access has led to a proliferation of access points (base stations) and subscriber units. For maximum communication range, these access points are typically located at the highest point possible. However, maximum range increases the possibility of lightning-induced surges and provides a point for static charges to collect, due to the high positioning of these access points.
To prevent lightning-induced surges, protect your equipment, and ensure maximum coverage, you need Erico’s surge protectors. Erico developed rugged, weatherproof hybrid surge protectors, which can endure up to 25 kA of lightning-induced current. Erico’s MWE series is ideal for tower or rooftop-mounted radio units and offers high surge-protection capabilities in weatherproof enclosures.
ERICO’s wireless broadband surge protection products include:
- Polymeric enclosure allows DIN Rail mounting of surge devices
- Integral mounting base allows for easy installation and stainless steel hardware provides long life and corrosion resistance
- Suitable for 10/100 BaseT Power Over Ethernet (PoE)-powered base stations, subscriber units, IP network surveillance cameras or any other PoE-powered device
- Rated to handle up to 25 kA of lightning-induced surge current (8/20 µs)
- For use with coaxial-fed CCTV surveillance cameras
- Designed to provide all-in-one protection for up to four signal lines, an AC/DC power line and a coaxial video cable
- Rated to handle up to 25 kA of lightning-induced current (8/20 µs).
- For use with subscriber units or PoE-powered surveillance cameras.
- Provides powerful surge-protection capabilities
- Ideal for tower or rooftop-mounted radio units
- Weatherproof enclosures provide durability
- Ideal for use in a variety of applications, including shopping malls, sea ports, mining, oil and gas, municipalities and education, internet cafes
- Compact designs can be installed in small spaces
The MWE series of products is designed to offer effective and powerful surge-protection capabilities for the various elements of a base station. The MWE series is also ideal for use in a variety of other applications, such as shopping malls, seaports, mining, oil and gas, municipalities and education and internet cafes.