Until 2015, schools did not have E-rate funding for building robust Wi-Fi networks. The result was low-budget, poorly-designed, and poorly-implemented Wi-Fi networks in many schools. This left the teachers and students with a poor experience and missed learning opportunities. With the E-rate funding and emphasis on designing and installing robust, mission-critical networks, schools have the opportunity to fully engage their students with mobile technologies. Here are some of the details for WiFi E-rate funding.
- $2.5-$3.0B in funding is allocated through July 2017 for Wi-Fi in schools.
- Actual spend will be higher, as schools get reimbursed only 20-90% of what they spend on Wi-Fi.
- 30-40% is expected to go to access points. Wi-Fi enclosures and mounting solutions are approved.
- Funding doesn't start until July 2015, with many schools not expected to get funding until the end of the year.
- 1040-XX series (Coming Soon!)
- Designed for cloud ceiling panels and suspended ceilings
- 1042-XX series
- Installation Kit for existing hard ceilings and walls (old construction)
- 1043-XX series
- Installation Kit for hard ceilings and walls (new construction)
- 1044-XX series
- Economical Installation Kit for suspended ceilings
1047-XX series (Coming Soon!)
Economical 2' x 2' Ceiling Tile Enclosure for suspended ceilings
Please read the article on Installing Wi-Fi in a Campus Environment by Oberon President Scott D. Thompson, published in the July/August issue of ICT Today:
For more information about Oberon's secure infrastructure solutions for wireless networks, to learn more about which of their solutions would best fit your space, or for any other inquires, please contact your local Accu-Tech representative.