New technologies, like 5G, the Internet of Things (IoT), IP migration, the move to 4K content and the shift from 40G to 100G Ethernet, are changing the landscape in data centers, broadcast environments and entertainment venues. To support these new technologies, you need more fiber connections. To ensure the uptime and and efficient operation of those connections, you need a reliable way to manage them.
Last week, Belden launched the new DCX Optical Distribution Frame (ODF). The DCX System is a high-density fiber cross-connect solution designed to optimize your fiber infrastructure ROI. Its unique design provides you with the highest fiber termination available, while maintaining the maximum signal integrity through bend radius control for incoming and outgoing cables. It handles high amounts of fiber connections and enables you to add density to your fiber, offering you lower total cost of ownership in terms of capital and operating expenses.
What makes the DCX System so innovative?
- Highest fiber termination density available in a small footprint, with 4,608 terminations per cabinet
- Maximum signal integrity through bend radius control for incoming and outgoing cables
- Simple patch cord access via pull-out trays and clearance around connector
- Future-proof functionality, supporting migration from Base-12 to Base-8, Base-16 and Base-24 without infrastructure changes
- Flexibility of termination methods, including MPO trunk cables, multi-fiber trunk cables with LC connectors, fusion splicing with pigtails or splice-on connectors
In addition, DCX Cabinets are fully configurable, and cable management accessories provide you with the scalability and efficiency you require.