In every industry revolving high bandwidth data centers require the highest performance copper cabling components available. To meet current and future data transmission performance requirements, escalating data network storage needs and multimedia communication support, Mohawk is upgrading their product line-up to meet critical networking applications. While copper 40GBase-T standards are well underway to completion, there is still quite some time left before copper standards are set and then data center upgrades accept those new standards. In the mean-time, Mohawk's high performance cabling is still here to provide a flexible and warranted option for data center installations.
Copper cabling's high performance continues to provide data centers with a solution for high bandwidth applications. With a reduced OD, Mohawk's GigaLAN 10 offers flexibility, is easily installed into conduits, and provides a cost effective solution for high bandwidth applications from desktop to data center. GigaLAN 10 is the highest performance Cat 6A UTP cable and supports 10GBase-T over a full 100 meter channel and provides 750 MHz confirmed stability. Beyond these features, Mohawk's 10GBase-T cable has a host of other features worth highlighting, including:
- A 25 year Warranty (available with MAC program)
- GigaLAN 10’s unique FlexWeb, combined with a patented fluted jacket construction, isolates the cable pairs and has outstanding pair-to-pair balance for superior headroom and reduced crosstalk
- Increases in power to 500 MHz due to lower insertion loss characteristics than Category 6
- Improvement in NEXT and ACRF vs. draft Category 6A – 1 dB minimum for NEXT and 3 dB minimum for ACRF
- Support for 10 Gigabit Ethernet / 10GBASE-T /IEEE 802.3an; fully backwards compatible for 10BASE-T, 100BASE-T, and 1000BASE-T applications
Find out how Mohawk helped a new data center accommodate their need for high-performance connectivity:
Or take a look at the Mohawk website to learn more about their upcoming solutions. For more information on Mohawk's 10GBaseT, the transition to 40GB solutions or for other questions on Mohawk products, contact your local Accu-Tech representative today.